What is cleaning?
Before determining how to clean, we ought to run through what constitutes cleaning and why we should do it.
Cleaning is the process of removing unwanted substances, such as dirt, infectious agents, and other impurities from an object or the environment and is broadly achieved through mechanical action and/or solvent action; many methods rely on both processes.
- Removes or prevent waste food, grease, dirt and rubbish attracting pests
- Prolongs the life of the surface/floor cover
- Gives a pleasant and safe working environment
- Reduces the risk of contamination
How to clean – the basics
- Always follow a clean to dirty cleaning pattern
- Ensure application of products is ‘dirty to clean’
- Fold cleaning cloth to enable 8 sides of use
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose before use
- always clean equipment after use
- Ensure correct dilution of chemicals are used
We have a whole host of ‘how to clean’ guides on our CleaningSafeguard™ dashboard. Email for more information on setting up an account.
Here to help
At CJS, have put together CleaningSafeguard™, a 6 step management system that aims to look at essential areas to help elevate your cleaning and hygiene – protecting you, your staff and your business.
Click on the button to the left to learn how we can help you and to arrange for one of our experts to get in touch.