Introducing our Guest Blog from BioHygiene
In our latest blog, we asked one of our green suppliers – BioHygiene – to tell us a little more about themselves, the way they work and the products that they supply us with. Here is what they have to say:
At BioHygiene, we take nothing more seriously than the environment – it is our core value and at the forefront of our thinking when designing and manufacturing products. Utilising 4th generation technology which combines fully renewable and sustainable biotechnology, our aim is to help our end users become “Cleaner, Leaner, Greener”.
When talking about cleaning products and the environment, the largest impact on the carbon footprint relate to the sourcing and transport of the technology, packaging used, and the transport involved in distribution. We have tackled these issues to ensure they can achieve the highest environmental profile –
Technology & Supply Chain
- The extraction processes for raw materials can be carried out within Europe unlike with traditional raw materials – this can reduce transport related CO2e from sourcing ingredients by up to 90%.
- The technology is extremely effective at ‘super’ concentration levels which in conjunction with a refillable trigger leads to upwards of 90% reduction in single use plastic bottles.
- UK manufacture and supply
- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
- Readily biodegradable to OECD 301 Standards
- Low aquatic toxicity
- Low hazard ratings
- Not tested on animals
- Cold blending processes to reduce energy costs
- 0% manufacturing waste to landfill
- We use Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) plastic bottles. These bottles have completed their normal lifecycle are then collected and transported to recycling facilities where they are made into PCR resin. PCR bottles stops single use plastic, reduce physical plastic pollution and reduce CO2e by up to 85%.
- Our cardboard is made from 80% recycled material, can be fully recycled and is FSC certified (Forests for All Forever)
Just because a product is kinder to the environment, it does not mean that it can’t be highly effective. Combining enzymes, organic acids, by products, fermentation extracts and microbes with ecologically beneficial surfactants and other alternatives, our products ensure:
- Excellent results on porous surfaces
- Continuous cleaning action
- Removing odours at their source
- Rationalise range
- Reduce product spend
- Improve operational efficiency (residual cleaning)
- Reduce storage requirements
- Reduce transportation weight
- Reduce delivery frequency
- 100% biodegradable
- Reduce overall CO2e
Due to our technology and ongoing research and development, BioHygiene All Purpose Sanitiser(s), Washroom 4D Sanitiser and Foam Hand Sanitiser have been approved to EN14476 against enveloped viruses as defined in EN 14476:2013 + A2:2019.
This is valid for all coronaviruses including 2019 n-CoV / SARS-CoV-2. To clarify 2019 n-CoV or SARS-CoV-2 is the coronavirus responsible for the current outbreak and causes the disease known as COVID-19. The BioHygiene sanitiser range is also HALAL, having recently been approved by the Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC).
We would like to thank CJS for their valued work as our distribution partner. It is good to see supplies providing greener alternatives which in turn are helping end users become more environmentally responsible, and helping us make the cleaning industry Cleaner, Leaner, Greener!
Hope you enjoyed the insight into BioHygiene. For more information on BioHygiene’s product range or if you wish to place an order, please call us on 023 9243 4505.